Wednesday 11 January 2012

The end of an era

... and the beginning of a new one.  Well, it's official ... I'm about to enter the ranks of the unemployed! 

I was presented with the choice today of either missing out on the chance to undertake the MA programme or to continue with my current employer.  I chose, please excuse the cliché, to 'follow my dream'.  It wasn't a decision made lightly but whilst I can't guarantee future employment (and frankly the current job market seems terrifyingly bad), I know that I'd regret losing the opportunity - if I can't afford it now, then the forthcoming fee escalation would make it impossible. 

Still, feeling remarkably chirpy at the moment and determined not to let financial anxiety hold me back, although at some point I know "what the %*@! am I doing?!" is going to strike.

Thank you to everyone who's given me positive advice and encouragement - especially my lovely sister for supporting me on this (cue vomiting noises from her - 'twee' isn't in our DNA).  And yes, I know I need to find a way to pay the mortgage/rent ... and soon.

Just need to finish drafting my resignation letter ... after all this time I can't mess up records system I started!

No comments:

Post a Comment