Tuesday 13 December 2011

Ready or not, here I come

Job hunting.

Well, this hasn’t gone as well as hoped … yet.

Admittedly, this may have something to do with my somewhat erratic approach to the task.   Or is it competition, or simply lack of talent, that’s holding me back?  Hard to tell at this stage but it should be easier to gauge after a few more knock-backs.   ;-)

Although it’s not the first time I’ve looked for another job whilst still in employment, it is an unusual circumstance for me and I’m finding it quite difficult to a) find opportunities to contact prospective employers and agencies during office hours (working in a lunchbreak-free environment doesn’t make it any easier) and b) despite wanting to embark on my chosen career (hurrah!  I finally know what I want to do!) I’m also conscious that tasks need to be done and that I’m not being paid to job hunt … which is a bit of a dilemma.  Damn you principles.

Oh well, if I want to undertake the masters programme (and I definitely do) I’m almost certainly going to have to undertake financial suicide in the new year – but that still has to be better than losing the opportunity and regretting it – and I’ve climbed bigger hurdles than this (figuratively & lawfully speaking only). 

Still, anyone want to buy a used house?

No comments:

Post a Comment