Friday 23 September 2011

Parking

Just a note of warning to anyone using the pay-and-display car park at Avery Hill – check the expiry time on your ticket.

I paid £3 today for up to 8 hours parking, and I know I did because I had to find an alternative coin ‘cos the machine I used both this morning and yesterday was being a bit picky about which £1 coins to accept.  Heard the machine accept the third coin (no clanky sound of a rejected one) and just stuck the ticket on my windscreen.  When I returned this evening, to a lovely parking violation notice, I checked the time and discovered that only two coins had been registered.  Three definitely went in.

Still, I decided not to let it spoil my day and, realistically, doubt that I’ll get anywhere with complaining but I’ll certainly be double checking in future …

And just to update, thanks to Simon Earp for resolving this.  If anyone else experiences problems with the car park's pay machines then I'd recommend contacting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment